- A First Class Honours Graduate in Legal Science/English from NUI Galway with two Masters degrees from Q.U.B. He is a recognised Solicitor Advocate and Mediator and a Deputy District Judge (Magistrates’ Courts).
- Active in public life, including the Law Society Committees, he is a past Chair of Belfast Solicitors’ Association, Law Society Council Member, Arts Council Board member, and former Trustee of the National Museums (N. Ireland).
- At present he is Co-Chair of Pro Bono Choir, Vice-Chair of Irish Football Association Disciplinary Appeals, and recently he was appointed as a Committee Member of Down Royal Racecourse.
- His speciality legal areas include criminal defence work, family law, injunctions, alternative dispute resolution and sports law.
- He is a committed supporter of Pro Bono and Personal Litigant Support schemes.
Contact Joe at JRice@jjrsols.com
- Paul joined the firm in 1997 and is now predominantly based in the Armagh office. A graduate of the Queen’s University Belfast he has underpinned his interest in human rights law with a Master’s degree in Human Rights and Discrimination. He has been a Solicitor Advocate since 2005 and is a visiting tutor on the Law Society Advanced Advocacy course which includes members of the NITA faculty from America. He also tutors trainee solicitors at the Institute of Professional Legal Studies.
- Past Chairman of the Belfast Solicitors’ Association and current Council Member of the Law Society.
- Former Assistant Commissioner to the District Electoral Areas Commissioner and part of the 2013 review into the grouping of Local Government wards into District Electoral Areas in Northern Ireland.
- His specialism can be found in criminal defence work, matrimonial and family cases, personal injury claims, inquest representation and judicial review.
Contact Paul at email@example.com
- Shauna is based in the Belfast office, having joined the firm in 2016 and with over 14 years’ experience working within other Belfast City Centre firms.
- She studied law at the University of Ulster (Jordanstown) and achieved a Masters in Human Rights and Criminal Justice from Queens University Belfast.
- Shauna practises in the law regarding children, domestic violence, divorce and separation, criminal defence work, judicial review and litigation
- She was appointed to the Law Society for Northern Ireland Children Order Panel of Solicitors in 2006 and the Northern Ireland Guardian Ad Litem Panel of Solicitors in 2012.
- Shauna has been a Solicitor advocate since 2008.
Contact Shauna at firstname.lastname@example.org
- James joined the firm in 2015 as an apprentice solicitor, after graduating from Queen’s University Belfast with a First-Class Honours degree in Law. He is primarily based in the Belfast office.
- He qualified in 2017 and since then has represented clients in a wide range of matters from the Magistrates’ Court to the Court of Appeal. He has also gained extensive experience of representing clients in the police station.
- James mainly works in the areas of civil litigation, criminal defence, judicial review and family law.
Contact James at email@example.com
- Sarah has been appointed as an Assistant Solicitor following her apprenticeship with the firm in September 2018 and joins the firm’s criminal defence, property and family law teams.
- She graduated from Queens University Belfast in 2016 with a second class honours first division and from the Institute of Professional Legal studies in 2018 were she won the prize for Client Care.
- She has a particular interest in immigration law and has already successfully challenged several deportation decisions made by the Home Office.
Contact Sarah at Sarah@jjrsols.com